It’s Christmas time again! ‘Tis the season for dinner parties and family reunions. And of course, we’d want to look smashing for our holiday get togethers.
I’ve always had a thing for curly hair. There’s something naturally sexy about a woman with gorgeous tumbling locks like Eva Mendes or Penelope Cruz (my ultimate girl crush!).
But going to the salon just to have my hair curled every time I had to attend a party could be quite expensive. So, I decided to buy what would be the best beauty tool investment I’ve ever made – heated rollers.
Most people like using a curling iron. But being the clumsy person that I am, I’d be more likely to end up with burnt fingers and singed hair. There’s less risk involved in using these heated rollers and they’re just like those 80s curlers my mom used to put on.
So, how do we get beautiful curly hair? Easy!
1. Plug on your heated curlers and wait for it to be ready (about 20-30 minutes).
2. Divide hair into sections. Start with the top part, then the side and finally the back. It’s up to you how many sections you want to divide your hair into as long as you have enough curlers. For me, I had two for the top, two for each side, and four at the back.
3. Put some mousse or curl-defining spray before curling hair on each roller. Remember to curl inward! Avoid touching the middle part of the curler as it is the hottest part.
4. You can do your make up while waiting for your curls to set.
5. Remove the curlers, starting with the one you put on first.
6. Arrange curls with your fingers, taking care not to pull too much. Squirt on some hair spray to help hold your curls.
Et voila! Party perfect curls!