Hey! It is officially flu season and you know what you have to do: get a flu shot. Most of you will probably get it through your workplace, but if it is not offered, do get it.
Here are some fun (not.) facts about flu from to WebMD:
- Flu is a contagious respiratory infection caused by different flu viruses.
- Symptoms usually come on suddenly. Examples of signs to watch out for are high fever, aches and pains in the joints, muscles and around the eyes, weakness, flushed skin and watery eyes. People also have headaches, dry cough, sore throat and discharge from the nose.
So what do you do to avoid getting sick? Well aside from the flu shot, you can make sure to get a lot of sleep, avoid people who are sick (yes this also means no sharing of food or saliva with anyone with the virus), practice good hygiene by washing and disinfecting hands and the work area. Most of all, you have to make sure that your immune system is strong.
Here are a list of things I like to take to strengthen immune system, as well as some things to help get you through if you do catch it:
1. Airborne Tablets – I think this is available in S&R, PCX or you can order it from the US.
2. Conzace – Available in any drugstore!
3. Pei Pa Koa – Get this from Chinese Drugstores or food shops like DEC.
4. African Sea Coconut (my personal favorite) – You will find this the same way as Pei Pa Koa (above).
If all else fails, then you can buy NyQuil from S&R or from the US, but I would get the liquid one and not the gel capsules. Just make sure that you get at least eight (8) hours of sleep when you drink this, because I know what it feels like to drive around feeling drowsy with this!